Saturday, August 13, 2011

2 questions, Can an IBS condition that has been there for years suddenly turn malignant ? Is excessive?

Just been diagnosed with I.B.S that gets worse with stress...however I hear you on the pain issue., darn thing sent me into emergency twice!!!!!!! This stuff is pretty nasty stuff, you could be having acid reflux system now as well...I have been put on for the last 3 months of hyoscyamine 0.125 mg 3 times a day before meals...and drinking metamucil 8oz daily...and you know what?! that really has worked so far...still get occasional bouts, but my doctors had me on every medicine out there for the last three years..and my one gastrologist doctor said here do this...and I have been somewhat normal again...when the stress kicks in and it does, I do have problems...there is no miracle cure for this...it is all how you deal with it now...I love my new doctor for giving me a life again...and since you had the tests done...there should be nothing to worry about...it is however time for you to go back and say hey I think I am now suffering from acid reflux. As for weight loss that is good that you are not losing then that would indicate a problem...I would not worry about malignancy! I believe the body is changing, and he may have you change your diet as well...but that fiber drink, I kid you not that is a miracle on it's own...My doctor said it is teaching your body how to work again...medicines are only temporary, but the fiber needs to be taken everyday....Trust me on the meds, my doctor before the G.I. doctor, had me on all anti-depressants out there, and they MADE me depressed, moron had no clue...when I met my G.I. he changed my life!!! Not sure what you are on, but I would definetely go back...tell him what is going on now...stress plays alot on this, and you are stressing yourself out by thinking you have some other problem...and I betcha it is only acid reflux now...and another thing he pointed out is the medicine over the counter for i.b.s is not really good for you, it carries to many good bacteria's and that can make it worse on your body...I was taking that forever as well...it causes gas and bloating...umm it was called digestive advantage, next to the immodium aisle...he says that has stuff in it that is not good for you, and it is not even listed...how sad is that...I thought it was working for awhile, then it turned out to make me worse...once I stopped that and drank metamucil and the medicine he gave me for the cramping and contracting muscles I am alot better...Not perfect, but MUCh happier and better now...

No comments:

Post a Comment