Thursday, August 18, 2011

What basketball position is right for me?

Im 5ft 11 and weigh 132 lbs and im in 8th grade. Im a tall guy in my league. i also start for my team and play three quarters. im great on defense. i have great footwork. i get a lot of blocks,rebounds, and steals. Offense is my bad side. I can p. I just cant shoot and my dribbling is pretty good for a big guy like me. Now so far it sounds like i should keep playing center or power forward like i have been doing for awhile. the bad news is my mom comes from a 6ft-6ft 4 kind of family but my mom is 5ft 6. my dad comes from a 5ft 3- 6ft kind of family with him being 5ft 6. My mom makes me focus on defense and my dad on offense. I have been noticing that each year i have been facing taller and stronger guys. i have been so used to playing center and power forward that when i might stop growing around 6ft that i would have to focus on something else like dribbling the ball more and shooting the ball more. what should i start playing like in my upcoming games? How can i adapt to this position?

No comments:

Post a Comment