Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Large brown spider with spotted white lines on back, not hobo, or recluse; don't know species. Any help?

I live in central Florida, and no other spider I've found looks anything like it. Its legs spread, it's about 2.5-3 inches leg to leg. It's abdomen is bigger than the size of a quarter, with no markings on the underbelly. A series of white spotted lines appear on the back. Its legs are slightly furry, but not like a tarantula. It does not jump, but runs. It also runs straight, not sideways. I've noticed them in my garage, patio, upstairs rooms and more recently, one enjoyed a shower with me. I also have a nature reserve in my backyard, as well as ponds and lakes in the surrounding area. I have searched the web for weeks now trying to find a resemblance but nothing comes close. Please help with identifying this spider!

No comments:

Post a Comment